Vegetable & Cheese Focaccia Recipe
My family eats up this flavorful bread as fast as I can make it. Sometimes I add different herbs, red onion or crumbled bacon. It's one of my best recipes! Mary Cass, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down. Roll into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle; transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. For topping, brush dough with olive oil; sprinkle with basil. Layer with the tomatoes, onion and broccoli; sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into 16 pieces. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 151 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC