- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down. Roll into a 13x9-in. rectangle; transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, brush dough with olive oil; sprinkle with basil. Layer with the tomatoes, onion and broccoli; sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable & Cheese Focaccia in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p66
Reviews for Vegetable & Cheese Focaccia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review