- 1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
"This is a really great recipe! The cookies definitely have a soft and chewy texture, but for me that's a good thing. They were moist, didn't crumble, and were not at all greasy. Very good!"
"These are great when room temp, not so much fresh out of the oven. I sub whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and add a few tablespoons of flax seed. Today I didn't have any non-dairy milk, so I substituted my hazelnut soy creamer and they turned out to be my best batch yet. These are not greasy, crumbly, or overly chewy! Love this recipe, thank you!"
"My family loves these. I've made them several times and they always turn out great. We prefer these to the Nestle recipe any day. Soft and chewy, and they're easy to make. Thanks for the recipe."
"absolutely horrible. don't know who made this recipe but my cookie dough was crumbly and had a hard time sticking. and also, THE COOKIES DON'T EXPAND LIKE NORMAL COOKIES. So thanks to this recipe I was left with cookie balls that crumbled the second you attempted to pick them up. Also way too soft/chewy. I've had tons of vegan baked goods and this was the worst. whoever wrote this recipe must've been blind when they did it."
"These came out fantastic! Great recipe. They were the perfect combo of chewy meets crunchy. Nice consistency. I've been looking for a reliable vegan choc chip cookies recipe. Will bookmark this one!"