Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
This is a delicious recipe, Cassandraa. I work for Starbucks and we enjoyed them as a pairing in a coffee tasting with Verona coffee. I baked up twelve and scooped the rest of the dough onto parchment and froze them. They baked up as delicious after being frozen as they did fresh. I plan to use coarsley ground walnut pieces to add more crunch next time I make them.
This is my first vegan dessert recipe. Good to know chocolate is not lost to me forever. Even though I had to reduce sugar and oil, used whole grain flour - my family like them - soft with a lot of flavor!
My first attempt at vegan cookie baking, perfection! I tweaked a bit to make it my own, will definitely be making this one again!
Delicious! Made for a friend and they turned out great. I like how they are so chewy.
Great recipe! This is definitely a keeper. They were chewy on the inside, and perfectly crisp on the outside. I made one substitution: Earth Balance instead of canola oil. Thanks Cassandraa!