Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"These aren't the worse cookies that I've ever had but I definitely won't be making them again. They were too chewy for my taste, even when I cooked them a little longer and got them a little crispy. The center texture of the cookie wasn't something that I found appealing. The applesauce gave them an interesting floral taste.My boyfriend complained that they had a kind of skin on them that was weird to bite into. I could kind of tell what he was talking about but that didn't bother me as much.They are also insanely greasy. Just touching them left my fingers shiny. They're sticking together pretty good to and I'm a little worried that they're not going to keep well because of how moist they are."
"This is a delicious recipe, Cassandraa. I work for Starbucks and we enjoyed them as a pairing in a coffee tasting with Verona coffee. I baked up twelve and scooped the rest of the dough onto parchment and froze them. They baked up as delicious after being frozen as they did fresh. I plan to use coarsley ground walnut pieces to add more crunch next time I make them."
"This is my first vegan dessert recipe. Good to know chocolate is not lost to me forever. Even though I had to reduce sugar and oil, used whole grain flour - my family like them - soft with a lot of flavor!"
"My first attempt at vegan cookie baking, perfection! I tweaked a bit to make it my own, will definitely be making this one again!"
"Delicious! Made for a friend and they turned out great. I like how they are so chewy."