Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
A busy competitive figure skater came up with this high-energy recipe herself. The cookies are loaded with nuts, chips and fabulous flavor. Coaches at her skating rink are always snitching two or three when she brings them in!
—Cassandraa Brzycki, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
42 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar
- mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are
- lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 111 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76 mg sodium,