Veal with Mushroom-Wine Sauce Recipe
A tender and flavorful main course, Veal with Mushroom-Wine Sauce, brings a touch of elegance to the dinner table. “This delicious entree came from a cookbook filled with low-fat recipes. We altered it a bit to better suit our tastes,” says Julie Kocur of Abingdon, Maryland.
- 4 veal cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the veal in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to the skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper. Serve over veal. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veal with Mushroom-Wine Sauce in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veal with Mushroom-Wine Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Condiments >