- In a large skillet, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in
- butter until tender. Return veal to the Dutch oven; top with
- vegetable mixture. Add tomatoes, broth, basil, thyme and bay leaves.
- Cover and bake 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are
- tender. Discard bay leaves. Just before serving, combine garnish
- ingredients; sprinkle over veal. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 297 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now