- meat and vegetables are tender. Remove meat and vegetables to a
- serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and loosened browned
- bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat and discard bay leaf.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and the remaining water until
- smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and
- vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 703 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 2,578 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 56 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.