My husband and I prepare this veal dish for birthdays and other special occasions. We love to cook and often entertain friends and family.
—Karen Bridges, Downers Grove, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound veal cutlets or boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. In another
- shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Dip veal in egg, then coat with
- flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown veal in oil on both sides. Stir in the
- mushrooms, broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and meat
- is no longer pink. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without spaghetti) equals 395 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.