- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound veal cutlets or boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Dip veal in egg, then coat with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown veal in oil on both sides. Stir in the mushrooms, broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and meat is no longer pink. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forVeal Scallopini
"I should have paid attention to the one review. I put chopped green onion for garnish, at least that added some colour."
"I was very disappointed. I usually follow a different, but similar recipe for this but thought I would try something different. The problem is leaving the breaded cutlets in the pan when adding the broth. When they simmer, the pretty, golden crust becomes a soggy mess in the bottom of the pan. If you use this recipe, cut the broth down to about 1/3 or so cups and remove the veal cutlets from the pan before adding it and jmust cook the mushrooms in the broth."