My husband and I prepare this veal dish for birthdays and other special occasions. We love to cook and often entertain friends and family. —Karen Bridges, Downers Grove, Illinois
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound veal cutlets or boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Dip veal in egg, then coat with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown veal in oil on both sides. Stir in the mushrooms, broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and meat is no longer pink. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veal Scallopini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p184
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Veal Scallopini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review