Veal Cutlets Supreme Recipe
- 6 veal cutlets (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle veal with garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown veal in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in cracker crumbs, cream, wine or broth and remaining salt; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in parsley; pour over veal.
- 3. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 551 calories, 41g fat (22g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Veal Cutlets Supreme
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.