Veal Cutlets Supreme Recipe
This dish has been in the family for years and is still one of our favorites. Guests love it and usually ask for the recipe. Irene Bruntz, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 6 veal cutlets (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle veal with garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown veal in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in cracker crumbs, cream, wine or broth and remaining salt; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in parsley; pour over veal.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Veal Cutlets Supreme in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p68
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veal Cutlets Supreme(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review