This dish has been in the family for years and is still one of our favorites. Guests love it and usually ask for the recipe. —Irene Bruntz, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 6 veal cutlets (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle veal with garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown veal in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in cracker crumbs, cream, wine or broth and remaining salt; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in parsley; pour over veal.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Veal Cutlets Supreme in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p68
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veal Cutlets Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review