- Discard marinade from veal. Place flour in a shallow dish; coat veal
- with flour, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, brown veal
- slices, two at a time, in 4 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions, red peppers and mushrooms in
- remaining butter until tender, stirring to loosen browned bits. Stir
- in broth and reserved marinade; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into vegetable
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until
- thickened. Add the veal; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with a veal cutlet or veal for scallopini, not processed veal cube steaks.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.