Veal Chops with Mustard-Sage Crust Recipe
- 4 veal chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Sprinkle veal chops on both sides with pepper and salt. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Combine the mustard, sage and garlic; spread over one side of each chop, then coat with bread crumbs.
- 2. Place chops, coated side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 98 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.