- 4 veal chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sprinkle veal chops on both sides with pepper and salt. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Combine the mustard, sage and garlic; spread over one side of each chop, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place chops, coated side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veal Chops with Mustard-Sage Crust in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p153
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Veal Chops with Mustard-Sage Crust
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2011
"AAAAMMAAAZZZIINNNGGG!!!!This was the first recipe I decided to conquer ever in my life, I bake asparagus and quartered red potatoes to go along with it. It exceeded my expectations, first time I've ever had veal and it wont be the last! My husband is crazy about this dish!! It is one of the easiest dishes I've ever made and am making it again tonight LOVE IT!!!"