Our home economists use stone-ground mustard to flavor moist veal chops. They easily bake in the oven for a quick-and-easy entree.
- 4 veal chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sprinkle veal chops on both sides with pepper and salt. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Combine the mustard, sage and garlic; spread over one side of each chop, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place chops, coated side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veal Chops with Mustard-Sage Crust in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p153
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Veal Chops with Mustard-Sage Crust
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review