Veal Breast with Farfel Stuffing Recipe
I prepare this entree often for Passover Seder. It bakes up golden brown and tastes terrific. Sala Simonds, Lancaster, California
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup rendered chicken fat or canola oil
- 4 cups matzo farfel
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in veal breast with pocket (8 pounds)
- Olive oil
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in chicken fat until tender. Add farfel; cook and stir over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in the parsley.
- Combine the egg, broth, salt, sage, paprika and pepper; add to farfel mixture. Cook over low heat until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Just before baking, evenly stuff the farfel mixture into the veal breast pocket; close and tie several times with kitchen string. Place in a greased shallow roasting pan. Brush veal with oil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160° for veal and 165° for stuffing, basting occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Veal Breast with Farfel Stuffing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p190
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Veal Breast with Farfel Stuffing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review