Vanilla Yogurt Panna Cotta Recipe
Panna Cotta always impresses, and it’s so easy to prepare. It's especially stunning when garnished with something colorful, like cranberry sauce or fresh berries. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Whole-berry cranberry sauce and/or pear slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Split vanilla bean lengthwise; using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds. Add bean and seeds to gelatin mixture.
- Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Combine yogurt and sugar; gradually whisk into gelatin mixture. Cook and stir just until blended. Discard vanilla bean. Pour into four ungreased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- Unmold panna cotta onto dessert plates. Garnish with cranberry sauce and/or pear slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vanilla Yogurt Panna Cotta in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Yogurt Panna Cotta(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >