Vanilla Yogurt Panna Cotta Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Whole-berry cranberry sauce and/or pear slices, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Split vanilla bean lengthwise; using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds. Add bean and seeds to gelatin mixture.
- 2. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Combine yogurt and sugar; gradually whisk into gelatin mixture. Cook and stir just until blended. Discard vanilla bean. Pour into four ungreased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- 3. Unmold panna cotta onto dessert plates. Garnish with cranberry sauce and/or pear slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 panna cotta (calculated without optional garnishes) equals 183 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 reduced-fat milk.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.