Vanilla Wafer Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Wafer Cookies(12)
Sort By :
Wonderful! I just made these with my 3 year old son and they are delicious! Vanilla Wafers are his favorite snack and I am so glad to have found this recipe so he can enjoy them homemade!!!
I am craving banana pudding but did not have vanilla wafers handy. Instead of using expensive gasoline to run to the grocery store, I found this recipe and it seemed simple to make. I followed the directions and they are excellent and as easy as it sounds. The picture shows thin cookies. I used my palms and made round balls and placed on the baking sheet lined with silicon liner. They came out more rounded, light on top and brown on bottom. Once they cool, they are crisp with a slightly soft center. Delicious!
I make these cookies at least once a month for my 92 year old client. A few years ago I found out the store bought vanilla wafers were his favorite cookie so I used this recipe and made him some. Once he tasted these he never bought another box again!
There very good rolled in suger and with a glass of milk.
I have been making these little cookies since they were first published back in 1997. They quickly became one of my then, two year old son's favorite treats! They will always hold a sweet memory for me; as my boy would say, "Momma I need one for both hands!" :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >