Vanilla Wafer Cookies
Vanilla Wafer Cookies are chewy and irresistible, comments Edith MacBeath of Gaines, Pennsylvania. They're a wonderful way to round out a penny-pinching menu.
21 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture
- and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 109 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.