Vanilla Wafer Coconut Cake
This cake recipe, which came from my mother in Alabama, contains no flourbut it's delicious!
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each until light and fluffy.
- Add wafers to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut
- and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan with a removable
- bottom. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, testing after 1 hour. Cool
- on wire rack 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 12-16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 418 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.