Vanilla Wafer Coconut Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each until light and fluffy. Add wafers to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, testing after 1 hour. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely. If desired, garnish with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 418 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Vanilla Wafer Coconut Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.