- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each until light and fluffy. Add wafers to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, testing after 1 hour. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely. If desired, garnish with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Vanilla Wafer Coconut Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p5
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Wafer Coconut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review