Vanilla Tapioca Pudding
As a widower, I've recently started to learn how to cook. I created this tapioca pudding that's not only low in fat, but is easy to make, too. —Robert Daggit of Shoreview, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.8 ounce) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar and pudding
- mix. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat;
- stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into four dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 134 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat-free milk.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.