Vanilla sugar isn’t just for sprinkling. I stir it into angel food cake batter, cookie dough, rice pudding and fruit sauces, too. —Jackie Termont, Richmond, Virginia
96 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + standing
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Place sugar in an airtight container. Split vanilla bean lengthwise;
- using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into
- sugar; add bean. Seal container and shake until blended. Let stand,
- covered, at least 1 week. Use as regular granulated sugar,
- discarding bean as it loses it's flavor. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 teaspoon equals 16 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.