For a tea that complements both sweet and savory items, our Test Kitchen suggests this mildly flavored version.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 teaspoons English breakfast tea leaves or other black tea leaves
- Place water in a large saucepan. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds
- into water; add bean. Bring just to a boil.
- Place tea leaves in a teapot. Pour vanilla water over tea leaves;
- cover and steep for 3 minutes. Strain tea, discarding leaves and
- bean. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.