Vanilla Pudding Dessert
So easy to prepare, this eye-catching dessert will go fast…and everyone will want the recipe. Try peaches, pineapple or bananas instead of strawberries. —Betty Clemons, Hartselle, Alabama
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 120 wafers)
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 15 minutes; fold in condensed milk. Set aside 1 tablespoon
- whipped topping and 2 tablespoons wafer crumbs. Fold remaining
- whipped topping into pudding.
- In a 3-qt. serving bowl, layer a third of the strawberries, wafer
- crumbs and pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with
- reserved wafer crumbs; top with reserved whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 382 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.