"This sweet crunchy snack is my family's favorite," writes Carolyn Roney of Scipio Center, New York. "For variety, substitute almond extract or maple flavoring or add nuts for extra crunch."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the
- sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil
- and stir until mixture is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over
- popcorn and toss to coat. Cool slightly; break apart while warm.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.