Peaches, vanilla pudding and a hint of spice create a smooth filling for these mini tarts. Shared by our Test Kitchen, they’re sure to please any sweet tooth.
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 individual graham cracker tart shells
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, cornstarch, nutmeg and cinnamon; stir in water until smooth. Add 2 cups peaches. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, process 1/2 cup peach mixture until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in pureed peach mixture.
- Spoon remaining peach mixture into tart shells; top with pudding mixture. Refrigerate until set. Cut remaining peaches into small pieces and arrange on top. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vanilla Peach Tarts in Light & Tasty October 2005, p65
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Peach Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review