- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 individual graham cracker tart shells
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, cornstarch, nutmeg and cinnamon; stir in water until smooth. Add 2 cups peaches. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, process 1/2 cup peach mixture until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in pureed peach mixture.
- Spoon remaining peach mixture into tart shells; top with pudding mixture. Refrigerate until set. Cut remaining peaches into small pieces and arrange on top. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Peach Tarts
Sort By :
My husband is a diabetic & he really liked this dessert. I don't care for store bought graham cracker crust - so I made my own, but that's just a personal choice. Other than that I followed the exact recipe. It was a nice light & fresh summer dessert. Next time I may try the butterscotch pudding as suggested - or even skip the crust altogether and serve in pudding cups with a light sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs instead. Regardless, my husband says thanks!
It was very good but I think the recipe should say cook peaches a little ahead of time since you want them room tempersture. P.S.
It was very good but I think the recipe should say cook peaches a little ahead of time since yu want them room tempersture. P.S.
Very quick and easy to make. Very tasty. I used Butterscotch pudding mix.. the only flavor I had on hand and it still turned out good.
they were easy to make- I just did a little different variation and they were still good.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >