Vanilla-Lime Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. With a sharp knife, scrape the vanilla bean to remove the seeds; add bean and seeds to pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Discard vanilla bean. Stir in lime juice and peel.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, grapefruit and blueberries. Drizzle with vanilla-lime sauce and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 16 servings (2/3 cup each).
0.670 cup: 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 fruit
Reviews for Vanilla-Lime Fruit Salad
"Wonderful, sweet fruit salad."
"This is my original recipe and you are right, the bean can and should be reused."
"Why would you discard the bean when there is still so much flavor left in it. Put in a jar with some sugar and you have vanilla sugar for tea or coffee or just to sprinkle on cereal or desserts??"
"Vanilla lime fruit salad is delicious and one my family makes any time we have enough fruit. We don't usually go with the picture but pick our own fruit and it's one we make any time we want a special dessert."
"This is so good and refreshing, a very big hit at a recent dinner party. I used 2 pkg ea fresh raspberries and blackberries rather than blueberries and followed all other suggestions, using real lime juice. Next day with scant leftovers I poured it over a Sara Lee sm pound cake and added a dollop of real whip cream as suggested, another knock out delicious idea. I'm sharing this one with all my friends...YUM!!!"