Vanilla-Lime Fruit Salad Recipe
Feel free to be creative with the fruits you use in this recipe. The versatile dressing is amazing tossed with fresh strawberries or even drizzled over pound cake. —Kathryn Dampier, Quail Valley, California
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. With a sharp knife, scrape the vanilla bean to remove the seeds; add bean and seeds to pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Discard vanilla bean. Stir in lime juice and peel.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, grapefruit and blueberries. Drizzle with vanilla-lime sauce and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 16 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Vanilla-Lime Fruit Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC