Vanilla-Lime Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. With a sharp knife, scrape the vanilla bean to remove the seeds; stir into pan. Discard bean.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice and peel.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, grapefruit and blueberries. Drizzle with vanilla-lime sauce and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Vanilla-Lime Fruit Salad(4)
Sort By :
This is my original recipe and you are right, the bean can and should be reused.
Why would you discard the bean when there is still so much flavor left in it. Put in a jar with some sugar and you have vanilla sugar for tea or coffee or just to sprinkle on cereal or desserts??
Vanilla lime fruit salad is delicious and one my family makes any time we have enough fruit. We don't usually go with the picture but pick our own fruit and it's one we make any time we want a special dessert.
This is so good and refreshing, a very big hit at a recent dinner party. I used 2 pkg ea fresh raspberries and blackberries rather than blueberries and followed all other suggestions, using real lime juice. Next day with scant leftovers I poured it over a Sara Lee sm pound cake and added a dollop of real whip cream as suggested, another knock out delicious idea. I'm sharing this one with all my friends...YUM!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >