Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole graham crackers, halved
- 1. In a bowl, combine the ice cream , peanut butter and vanilla until well mixed. Spread over 2 graham cracker squares. Top with remaining squares. Wrap and freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Yield: 2 sandwiches.
One sandwich (prepared with low-fat frozen yogurt, reduced-fat peanut butter and reduced-fat graham crackers) equals 201 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.