Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag Recipe
Making homemade ice cream is an activity that can involve the whole family. Have the kids shake the bags until the liquid changes to ice cream. No one will be able to resist the taste!—Erin Hoffman, Canby, Minnesota
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups coarsely crushed ice
- 3/4 cup salt
- 1. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the milk, sugar, evaporated milk and vanilla. Press out air and seal. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ice and salt; add the sealed small bag.
- 2. Seal the large bag; place in another large resealable plastic bag and seal. Shake and knead for 5-7 minutes or until cream mixture is thickened. Serve immediately or freeze. Yield: 1 cup.
1/2 cup equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC