Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag
Making homemade ice cream is an activity that can involve the whole family. Have the kids shake the bags until the liquid changes to ice cream. No one will be able to resist the taste!Erin Hoffman, Canby, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups coarsely crushed ice
- 3/4 cup salt
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the milk, sugar,
- evaporated milk and vanilla. Press out air and seal. In a large
- resealable plastic bag, combine the ice and salt; add the sealed
- small bag.
- Seal the large bag; place in another large resealable plastic bag and
- seal. Shake and knead for 5-7 minutes or until cream mixture is
- thickened. Serve immediately or freeze. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.