Vanilla Ice Cream
Eagle Brand® makes the easiest ice cream ever! Cool down with this homemade ice cream that is sure to be a highlight at any get-together.
12 ServingsReady In Time 50 minutes
- 4 cups (2 pts.) half-and-half or light cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsps. McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients in container of ice cream maker; mix well.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze leftovers.
- Yield: About 1 1/2 quarts.
Omit half and half. Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl. Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, whipped (DO NOT use non-dairy whipped topping). Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or other 2 quart container. Cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
PEACH ICE CREAM: Reduce vanilla to 1 tablespoon; add 1 teaspoon almond extract and 4 drops yellow and 2 drops red food coloring, if desired. Add 2 cups mashed fresh or frozen peaches, thawed or 1 (16 oz.) can peaches, drained and mashed. Proceed as above.
BANANA ICE CREAM: Reduce vanilla to 1 tablespoon; add 2 cups mashed bananas (4 medium). Proceed as above.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.