This recipe was given to me by my aunt, who often prepared it for her own family. My family just loves the vanilla flavor and the sesame seeds.
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, toss the oats, walnuts, coconut and sesame seeds. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the oil, brown sugar, honey, water and vanilla until sugar is dissolved (do not boil). Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 275° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Vanilla Granola in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p82
Reviews for Vanilla Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review