Vanilla Fruit Salad Recipe
- 5 cans (20 ounces each) plus 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 medium red apples, chopped
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to make 6 cups.
- 2. In a very large bowl, whisk juice mixture and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in the oranges, apples and reserved pineapple. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 64 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 33 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Vanilla Fruit Salad
"I make this whenever there's a summer get together. I love it as it but I am looking forward to trying some of the variations I see here. I'll be taking this to a shower this weekend."
"I have made this type of fruit salad for several years and it is WONDERFUL! Some of the variations that have always worked for me - I slice bananas, cover them with the juice from the pineapple chunks so they keep, and add a can of fruit cocktail. I've also used instant lemon pudding which gives it a little pizzazz!This is quick and easy and is always one of the first things to go!!!"
"My family loves this, but I use lemon pudding and add some grapes - it's always requested when we have brunch."
"I make this alot, I also use sugar free canned fruit cocktail, some fresh fruit, and sugarfree instant pudding mix, try different flavors."
"I cut calories and sugar by using sugar free jello. Also, I divide by 4 to make just the right amount to feed my family of 7 with a little leftover for an extra treat."