Vanilla Fruit Salad Recipe
Field editor Geraldine Grisdale of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan sends the recipe for her colorful Vanilla Fruit Salad.
- 5 cans (20 ounces each) plus 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 medium red apples, chopped
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to make 6 cups.
- 2. In a very large bowl, whisk juice mixture and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in the oranges, apples and reserved pineapple. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 64 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup equals 33 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC