Vanilla Fruit Pizza Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (.8 ounce) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups sliced halved peeled kiwifruit
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan; prick with a fork. Bake at 450° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the water and pudding mix until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Whisk in gelatin; cook and stir 1 minute longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar substitute until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spread gelatin mixture evenly over cream cheese mixture. Arrange fruit over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 212 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.