- and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from
- the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return
- all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly; cook
- and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in
- vanilla. Pour into crust.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Spread over
- hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Sprinkle with graham cracker
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
- rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 299 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.