Vanilla Custard Cups
When I was living with my mother, she loved custard,, so I'd make this comforting dessert each week. Without leftovers, there's no chance of getting tired of this treat!—Billie Bohannan, Imperial, California
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and salt if
- desired until blended. Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in a 9-in. square baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a
- depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with egg substitute equivalent to one egg, skim milk and without salt) equals 149 calories, 121 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 milk, 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.