Vanilla Custard Cups Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and salt if desired until blended. Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 2. Place cups in a 9-in. square baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (prepared with egg substitute equivalent to one egg, skim milk and without salt) equals 149 calories, 121 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 milk, 1 starch.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.