- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and salt if desired until blended. Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in a 9-in. square baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Custard Cups
Sort By :
"I bought very old custard dishes at a secondhand store and searched on-line for a recipe. I always come back to TOH to find the best recipes. This was very easy and good. Thank you!"
"This was wonderful and very easy. Perfect for just my husband and me."
"Fantastic recipe! The addition of the brown sugar gave it a taste that made it so much better than other custards I have made before. I will be adding this to my Easter menu."
"Absolutely perfect!! This custard is so simple to prepare, and has a delicate, silken texture and a perfect balance of flavors. The addition of the brown sugar is so much better tasting than white sugar. I used a hand mixer to blend the ingredients---it takes no more than a minute to do this.Until I found this recipe, I had been using a packaged custard mix, which just doesn't compare to "the real deal". Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"