Vanilla Crescents Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, almonds and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 24-in. rope. Cut crosswise into twelve 2-in. logs; shape each into a crescent. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Dust warm cookies with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 75 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Vanilla Crescents
"Just made these little gems this weekend for the first time; definitely will not be the last! Not too sweet and great texture. Loved them!"
"These cookies were easy to prepare and delicious to eat!. I doubled the ingredients and gave them out to friends in my senior complex. I printed the recipe and placed it with the cookies."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.