These cookies are especially cozy at Christmastime, but are wonderful all year long. Try them dipped into hot tea or coffee.—Cara McDonald, Winter Park, Colorado
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. In another bowl, whisk
- flour, almonds and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll
- each portion into a 24-in. rope. Cut crosswise into twelve 2-in.
- logs; shape each into a crescent. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes before
- removing to a wire rack. Dust warm cookies with confectioners'
- sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.