- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, almonds and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 24-in. rope. Cut crosswise into twelve 2-in. logs; shape each into a crescent. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Dust warm cookies with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Crescents
Sort By :
"These turned out pretty good and taste like an almond shortbread. Easy to make. I want to freeze a few to see how they freeze and thaw. Plan on having them with tea."
"Just made these little gems this weekend for the first time; definitely will not be the last! Not too sweet and great texture. Loved them!"
"These cookies were easy to prepare and delicious to eat!. I doubled the ingredients and gave them out to friends in my senior complex. I printed the recipe and placed it with the cookies."