Vanilla Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 6 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 3. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough inside. Cool puffs.
- 4. In a bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and extract on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Fill cream puffs; replace tops.
- 5. In a heavy saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Drizzle over cream puffs. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Vanilla Cream Puffs
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.