Vanilla Cream Fruit Tart Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour (mixture will be crumbly). Pat onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 300° for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In another bowl, beat melted chips and cream until smooth. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Spread over crust. Chill for 30 minutes.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Arrange berries over cream cheese layer; brush with glaze. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Cream Fruit Tart(12)
Sort By :
Went to a dessert party last night and brought this tart. It was the first time I had made it. Followed the recipe exactly, except added blackberries as well. I got compliments for how pretty the tart looked, but word spread fast that it was equally as good. It was the first to go. Thanks for the great recipe!
positively fantastic. Brought it to a 4th of July party and everyone was asking for the recipe!!! Wouldn't change a thing
It was really easy to make. I made it for my family and everybody loved it. If you haven't tried a fruit tart like this I recommend you make one. It's simple and looks great when served.
Soooo delish....takes forever to put together, but it was amazing!
Shortbread base covered with sweet creamy vanilla layer made with creamed cheese and white chocolate topped with fresh seasonal fruit. Not only is it delicious, it presents so beautifully. What's not to love. I began making it about 10 years ago and now my daughters make it for specail ocassions for their friends. Have fun and enjoy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Raspberry Pies >