Vanilla Cranberry Sauce
This quick and easy cranberry sauce has the subtle flavors of vanilla and orange. It's been featured on our Thanksgiving menu for years.—Wilma Sue Sanders, Divide, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice and
- vanilla bean. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15
- Remove from the heat; remove bean halves. With a sharp knife, scrape
- the bean to remove the seeds; stir into sauce. Discard bean. Cover
- and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 87 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.