Vanilla Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
This is the best recipe I have found for cinnamon rolls. They're so tender with a delightful vanilla flavor and yummy frosting. When I serve them to my family, they disappear in no time. —Linda Martin, Warsaw, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/2 cup butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add pudding; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 3. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18-in. x 11-in. rectangle; brush with remaining butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 5. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into 16 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Beat in confectioners' sugar with a hand mixer until creamy. Frost warm rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 32 rolls.
1 cinnamon roll equals 252 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC