- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll
- each portion into an 18-in. x 11-in. rectangle; brush with remaining
- butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to
- within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to
- seal. Cut each into 16 slices. Place cut side down in two greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and let rise until doubled,
- about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and
- butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from
- the heat. Beat in confectioners' sugar with a hand mixer until
- creamy. Frost warm rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 32 rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cinnamon roll equals 252 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.