Vanilla Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/2 cup butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add pudding; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18-in. x 11-in. rectangle; brush with remaining butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into 16 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Beat in confectioners' sugar with a hand mixer until creamy. Frost warm rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 32 rolls.
Reviews for Vanilla Cinnamon Rolls(10)
Sort By :
My kids loved them, but I did not care for the frosting. The brown sugar in the frosting, makes it over powering.
Sounds great! Can I use the bread maker to knead the dough?
Best cinnamon rolls I've ever had, ever. I was very new to making yeast breads and it still worked for me, even if they weren't the prettiest the first couple of times. The amazing taste and icing MORE than make up for the looks if they don't turn out perfectly the first time.
One of the best and easiest cinnamon bun recipes I've tried. I've made these a dozen times or more and everyone loves them. The dough is so light and easy to work with. If you don't want them too sweet, halve the frosting recipe.
Awesome in my books!
I made it for company and it was an absolute hit. It was so moist and soft, and it melts in your mouth! One caution though: I suggest not drizzling too much frosting on it _that is, don't cover it). We found them to be a bit oversweet that way. Overall though, a definate keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinnamon Rolls >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >