Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons grated German sweet chocolate, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, milk, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons grated chocolate. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and remaining grated chocolate; sprinkle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake
Sort By :
Extremely moist cake.I omitted the chocolate chips and replaced the 1cup of oil for1/2 cup of oil and a Mott's 104 ml apple sauce.We poured chocolate fondue sauce over the cake slices.
This has been a go-to recipe for me for several years. It is easy to make, comes out beautifully every time and travels well. My co-workers love it.
I too will try to cut back on the oil next time to lighten it up a bit - perhaps substitute apple sauce for some of it. Wonderful flavor though. Our household quickly polished it off. Be mindful of the new sized mixes when purchasing ingredients for this cake as many have been shrunken.
Very moist and not overly sweet.
I made this because I was craving Chili's chocolate chip molten cake. This was pretty close. It was very delicious. Next time I may drizzle chocolate on top. Yum!